Statement of Faith
We are an independent, Bible believing, evangelical chapel, and our aim is to know the Lord Jesus and make Him known to others, and to live our Christian faith as effectively as possible to make an impact on those who do not know the great news about Jesus Christ.
As a summary of our core beliefs, we believe in :
- The Divine Inspiration, Authority, Sufficiency and Inerrancy of the Old and New Testament scriptures, which are the Bible, the written Word of God.
- God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit – three persons, but one God.
- The Virgin Birth, the Perfect Deity and the Perfect Humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The death of the Lord Jesus Christ upon the cross as the only true sacrifice for sin, His subsequent burial, resurrection and ascension into Heaven.
- The personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ to the earth for and with true believers in Him.
- The fall of mankind making all people sinners before God, necessitating the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ and the regenerating and sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit.
- The justification of the sinner by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ alone.
- Death is not final. There is life after death and the dead will be raised either to eternal life or eternal condemnation.
The ordinances we celebrate are:
- The Lord's Supper , welcoming to the table all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ known to be living godly lives.
- The baptism of believers by full immersion in water at their request and on their personal confession of their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.